    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt16
    On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 20:10 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 16:36 -0600, Clark Williams wrote:
    > >
    > > Ok, I took the config file I sent you, globally substituted '=y' for
    > > '=m' and rebuilt, then booted that kernel. Other than a message that it
    > > was unable to open the console (udev wasn't started) I got the exact
    > > same failure (same panic backtrace).
    > Thanks for the clarification.

    Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page.

    > > Hmmm, FC4 is based on 2.6.14.x. Did something change in the 2.6.15
    > > series that needs a user-space change as well? (I'm running a current
    > > FC4 rootfs).
    > But, didn't you say that if you turn off LATENCY_TRACING that the -rt
    > patched kernel boots?

    Gah. I'm an idiot. I wrote that last night as I was about to leave, then
    just before going to bed I realized that it couldn't be a user-space
    issue, since other kernel's work just fine. Put it down to
    frustration :)

    > So, now it seems to be something hardware specific that is different
    > between your machine and mine.

    Yeah, I suspect so. I still have a nagging suspicion that something
    about how memory has been setup is confusing while it tries to map
    in the various sections of a dynamically linked executable.

    Hmmm, it just occurred to me that it might be while is mapping in
    dependent libraries, not while mapping file sections. Think I'll go poke
    at that a little.

    Clark Williams <>
      Last update: 2006-02-02 15:49    [W:0.021 / U:180.636 seconds]