SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt16
On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 20:10 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 16:36 -0600, Clark Williams wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I took the config file I sent you, globally substituted '=y' for
> > '=m' and rebuilt, then booted that kernel. Other than a message that it
> > was unable to open the console (udev wasn't started) I got the exact
> > same failure (same panic backtrace).
> Thanks for the clarification.

Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page.

> > Hmmm, FC4 is based on 2.6.14.x. Did something change in the 2.6.15
> > series that needs a user-space change as well? (I'm running a current
> > FC4 rootfs).
> But, didn't you say that if you turn off LATENCY_TRACING that the -rt
> patched kernel boots?

Gah. I'm an idiot. I wrote that last night as I was about to leave, then
just before going to bed I realized that it couldn't be a user-space
issue, since other kernel's work just fine. Put it down to
frustration :)

> So, now it seems to be something hardware specific that is different
> between your machine and mine.

Yeah, I suspect so. I still have a nagging suspicion that something
about how memory has been setup is confusing while it tries to map
in the various sections of a dynamically linked executable.

Hmmm, it just occurred to me that it might be while is mapping in
dependent libraries, not while mapping file sections. Think I'll go poke
at that a little.

Clark Williams <>