    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rt16
    On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 20:10 -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
    > On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 16:36 -0600, Clark Williams wrote:
    > >
    > > Ok, I took the config file I sent you, globally substituted '=y' for
    > > '=m' and rebuilt, then booted that kernel. Other than a message that it
    > > was unable to open the console (udev wasn't started) I got the exact
    > > same failure (same panic backtrace).
    >
    > Thanks for the clarification.

    Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page.

    > > Hmmm, FC4 is based on 2.6.14.x. Did something change in the 2.6.15
    > > series that needs a user-space change as well? (I'm running a current
    > > FC4 rootfs).
    >
    > But, didn't you say that if you turn off LATENCY_TRACING that the -rt
    > patched kernel boots?

    Gah. I'm an idiot. I wrote that last night as I was about to leave, then
    just before going to bed I realized that it couldn't be a user-space
    issue, since other kernel's work just fine. Put it down to
    frustration :)

    > So, now it seems to be something hardware specific that is different
    > between your machine and mine.

    Yeah, I suspect so. I still have a nagging suspicion that something
    about how memory has been setup is confusing ld.so while it tries to map
    in the various sections of a dynamically linked executable.

    Hmmm, it just occurred to me that it might be while ld.so is mapping in
    dependent libraries, not while mapping file sections. Think I'll go poke
    at that a little.

    Clark

    --
    Clark Williams <williams@redhat.com>

      Last update: 2006-02-02 15:49    [W:0.023 / U:32.432 seconds]