SubjectRe: 2.6.16 serious consequences / GPL_EXPORT_SYMBOL / USB drivers of major vendor excluded
On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 02:09:04PM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> FYI The lkml FAQ paints a different picture:
>
> Note that Linus has stated that existing symbols will not be switched to
> GPL-only. Developers of proprietary modules for Linux need not fear.
> Furthermore, it is quite unlikely that Linus will look favourably upon
> the introduction of new core driver APIs which are restricted to
> GPL-only modules. This would not be in the best interests of Linux.
> Linus has forwarded me a message he sent to someone else to clarify his
> views.

I suggest that this entry be updated with all of the new information
that has happened in the 8 years or so since that was written :)

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2006-02-19 04:24    [W:0.253 / U:0.376 seconds]