SubjectRe: Re[2]: 2.6.16 serious consequences / GPL_EXPORT_SYMBOL / USB drivers of major vendor excluded
On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 15:24 +0100, wrote:
> To anticipate any "open vs. closed source" discussion:Only a
> handful of companies worldwide have such know-how. With regard to our
> competitive situation, we have to protect our hard-won intellectual
> property and therefore cannot open the closed source part of the
> driver.

where in the license of the kernel does it say that this is a valid
exception to the license ?

You're writing drivers with linux in mind. You're writing them
explicitly for linux, using Linux code. And you distribute the result.

If your company really wants to be a good linux player, be a good linux
player rather than contributing to the biggest threat to linux right