SubjectRe: Stuck creating sysfs hooks for a driver..

> Also it's a relatively simple temperature sensor - it does not seem to
> support hysteresis temperature, i/p voltages, etc. I'm saying all this
> as the sysfs interface i envision is just a simple read-only hook: the
> o/p value (after a little userspace massaging) is the temperature in
> Celsius correct to 0.25 degrees. So it looks to me that this particular
> driver necessitates a kind-of "custom" entry under /sys/class/hwmon with
> it's own userspace support.

try to avoid this!
It is very useful for EVERYONE to only have ONE interface to report such
temperatures. That way *all* applications will just work, and nobody
needs to do 5 to 50 different interfaces in their application.

Please try to see if it's possible to use the existing userspace
interface. Pretty please with sugar on top ;)

  Last update: 2006-02-16 13:19    [W:1.236 / U:0.008 seconds]