SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] lightweight robust futexes: -V1

* Daniel Walker <> wrote:

> >This patchset provides a new (written from scratch) implementation of
> >robust futexes, called "lightweight robust futexes". We believe this new
> >implementation is faster and simpler than the vma-based robust futex
> >solutions presented before, and we'd like this patchset to be adopted in
> >the upstream kernel. This is version 1 of the patchset.
> Next point of discussion must be PI. [...]

robustness is an orthogonal feature to Priority Inheritance. In fact it
was requested before on lkml to separate robustness support from PI
support, and the vma-based robust futex patches now do precisely that -
they dont offer PI. So no, PI does not play here, it's a separate thing.