    SubjectRe: [patch 0/5] lightweight robust futexes: -V1

    * Daniel Walker <dwalker@mvista.com> wrote:

    > >This patchset provides a new (written from scratch) implementation of
    > >robust futexes, called "lightweight robust futexes". We believe this new
    > >implementation is faster and simpler than the vma-based robust futex
    > >solutions presented before, and we'd like this patchset to be adopted in
    > >the upstream kernel. This is version 1 of the patchset.
    >
    > Next point of discussion must be PI. [...]

    robustness is an orthogonal feature to Priority Inheritance. In fact it
    was requested before on lkml to separate robustness support from PI
    support, and the vma-based robust futex patches now do precisely that -
    they dont offer PI. So no, PI does not play here, it's a separate thing.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2006-02-15 22:35    [W:0.025 / U:64.444 seconds]