SubjectRe: Random reboots
I just remembered something that might be related.  Another thing that's
unique about this machine is that it uses ethernet bonding. When I
first set this up (on some old kernel, I don't remember which) I of
course tried to see if I could saturate both gigabit ethernet
interfaces. I set up two UDP streams to different machines with 64-bit
PCI busses, and that didn't quite do it. So I started up a third, and
that did it, but caused the machine to instantly reboot itself after a
few seconds. I tried this a few more times, and it was repeatable.
Some later kernel version fixed this - probably

I just tried again, and I can still saturate both interfaces with
outbound UDP traffic, but no reboot.

Just a thought.