    SubjectRe: Random reboots
    From
    I just remembered something that might be related.  Another thing that's
    unique about this machine is that it uses ethernet bonding. When I
    first set this up (on some old kernel, I don't remember which) I of
    course tried to see if I could saturate both gigabit ethernet
    interfaces. I set up two UDP streams to different machines with 64-bit
    PCI busses, and that didn't quite do it. So I started up a third, and
    that did it, but caused the machine to instantly reboot itself after a
    few seconds. I tried this a few more times, and it was repeatable.
    Some later kernel version fixed this - probably 2.6.11.3.

    I just tried again, and I can still saturate both interfaces with
    outbound UDP traffic, but no reboot.

    Just a thought.

    -ryan

      Last update: 2006-02-15 19:49    [W:0.064 / U:59.044 seconds]