    On Tuesday 14 February 2006 18:24, Olivier Galibert wrote:
    > On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:51:01PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
    > > I'm only interested in supporting ATA cd burners under a 2.6 or newer
    > > kernel, using the DMA method. (SCSI is dead, I honestly don't care.) I
    > > was hoping I could just open the /dev/cdrom and call the appropriate
    > > ioctls on it, but reading the cdrecord source proved enough of an
    > > exercise in masochism that I always give up after the first hour and put
    > > it back on the todo list.
    > There may be a chance that cdrdao provides a better starting point,
    > readability-wise. It seems to be simpler in what it does, and I've
    > tended to have a better success rate with it than with cdrecord on
    > "normal" usage. Of course, it does not (or did not) include the
    > advanced usage cdrecord supports (various writing modes, multisession,
    > who knows what else).
    > OG.

    However it is a C++ application, and I don't know about other people, but for
    various historic reasons I'd rather use C for a command-line application. And
    it isn't free of the masochism related to cdrecord as, the last time I
    checked, cdrdao used libscg.

    Now, with that out of the way... cdrdao, in my experience, supports all the
    features, but the last time I used it the documentation for the layout files
    format was scarce and I was unable to figure out how to use it to write an
    ISO file to a disc.

      Last update: 2006-02-15 03:12    [W:0.026 / U:0.684 seconds]