    On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > Please send me the whitepaper that was used to define the interfaces
    > and functionality of the /sys device

    If you seriously think that development of *anything* in the free
    software world happens by means of whitepapers preceding definition, or
    indeed that anything major in the Unix world has ever worked that way,
    you're seriously deluded.

    > Please send me the other documentation (e.g. man pages) on the /sys
    > device

    Oh, I thought you had *access* to the kernel source. A trivial grep
    under the Documentation directory would find it (hint:
    Documentation/filesystems/ is a good place to start.)

    If you actually wanted to *fix* your program --- if you cared more about
    users than being proved right no matter what --- then you'd have been
    able to determine that for yourself in seconds.

    (But then we all know that's not what you're actually after.)

    > Please send me a statement on how long this interface will be maintained
    > inside Linux without breaking interfaces.

    What a ridiculous request. If people use it, it won't be broken. If it
    proves unusable due to flaws, it will change. Sheesh.

    (It is not as robust as the syscall interface, but it is still subject
    to some degree of change. A trivial google would have made this clear.)

    You appear not to understand the difference between development
    roadmapped for years in advance by a sclerotic corporation and free
    software development. Or perhaps you do understand, and are just being
    pointlessly contrary. (I expect the latter is true. You're not stupid.
    Just nasty.)

    --
    `... follow the bouncing internment camps.' --- Peter da Silva