Subject2.6.16-rc3, sata_nv PM resume, x86-64
Date
Hi,

I've recently been experimenting with S3 suspend on my Athlon 64 X2 3800+
system, on an nForce4 SLI CK804 mainboard. My machine will suspend-to-mem
with the command:

echo mem >> /sys/power/state

And when I press the pwr button, it resumes correctly, even back into X11.
However, things freeze shortly after.

I tracked down the problem to my SATA controller not being reinitialised
properly on resume. I get an ata timeout message (which I apologise for not
having handy, but the machine has no serial ports and vesafb is garbled by
the suspend. If you really need this message I can probably find a way to get
it).

I'm reporting this because I notice on the Jeff's Linux SATA status page,
sata_nv is listed as having "full PM". Find my config and dmesg from a
successful boot at:

http://devzero.co.uk/~alistair/oops-20060213/config
http://devzero.co.uk/~alistair/oops-20060213/dmesg

Ignore the directory title, I'm recycling these files from reporting a cpu
hotplug oops last night.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.