    SubjectRe: 2.6.16-rc3: more regressions
    nding my way back home from Xdevconf, just landed)...

    > > I asked DaveJ I believe in one thread to disable Load "dri" in his
    > > xorg.conf and report back,
    >
    > Ah sorry about that. You were just about to go to LCA when that came
    > up, so I figured I'd wait until you had time to look at it again :)
    >
    > There's a log at http://people.redhat.com/davej/Xorg.0.log
    > That doesn't have drm disabled, but it is being run on a kernel
    > with the pci id commented out. I'm a bit reluctant to reboot
    > the workstation to try a non-drm enabled X at the moment, until
    > some stuff finishes. Let me know if that log is insufficient or not.

    Well the things is not having the PCI id is the same things as
    commenting out Load "dri" in the xorg.conf really, X never tries to
    initialise the DRM layer on the card, I know this is a bug in the
    current 7.0 radeon driver and I'm hoping Ben's fixed can fix this
    however, we will end up never being able to turn on DRM support for
    r300 cards until X.org 7.1 is widespread or we add some kind of second
    stage enable that a new X server can work but I'm not really sure that
    this is possible,

    The fix is to not load DRI on old X.org r300 installs...

    Dave.

      Last update: 2006-02-14 01:36    [W:2.788 / U:0.000 seconds]