Martin Mares <mj@ucw.cz> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > The main problem is that there is no grant that a new model will survive
> > a time frame that makes sense to implement support.
>
> I bet that it would take less time to implement this support than what
> you spend here by arguing and trying to prove you are the only sane
> person in the world. Unsuccessfully, of course.

If memory serves me correctly, the current model is the 3rd incompatible one
offerend within less than 5 years.

If you did ever try to write reliable code that has to deal with this kind of
oddities, you would understand that it is sometimes better to wait and to inform
related people about the problems they caused.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)