    "D. Hazelton" <> wrote:

    > > Name a single program (not using libscg) that implements user space SCSI
    > > and runs on as many platforms as cdrecord/libscg does.
    > I'm not the maintainer of a program, and hence I don't have to.
    > But why in the hell do you even _need_ SCSI in userspace when the kernel
    > provides complete facilities? And even then your argument is specious, since

    Then please try to inform yourself in order to understand that you are wrong.

    libscg abstracts from a kernel specific transport and allows to write OS
    independent applications that rely in generic SCSI transport.

    For this reason, it is bejond the scope of the Linux kernel team to decide on
    this abstraction layer. The Linux kernel team just need to take the current
    libscg interface as given as _this_ _is_ the way to do best abstraction.

    The Linux kernel team has the freedom to boycott portable user space SCSI
    applications or to support them.

    -- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog:

      Last update: 2006-02-13 14:44    [W:0.022 / U:0.028 seconds]