    SubjectRe: 2.6.15 Bug? New security model?
    > This is essentially code-introduced corruption. The patch to fix it in
    > future versions is easy enough, but you'll need to run reiserfsck
    > --clean-attributes <device> on any affected file systems.
    > Bernd - If you haven't already run reiserfsck --clean-attributes on the fs,
    > can you please test the attached patch? It adds a check to make sure the
    > file system has always been v3.6 before enabling the attributes by default.

    With attrs defaulting to on I don't think 'reiserfsck --clean-attributes' can
    be the solution. There are just too many filesystems that are affected. So
    for now I also won't clean up the attributes ;)
    Since Sergey already proved that directories always have the old format, I
    didn't test your patch, but tried Sergeys patch.

    Thanks for all of your help,

      Last update: 2006-02-13 00:13    [W:0.031 / U:12.432 seconds]