        Hi Joerg :)

    * Joerg Schilling <> dixit:
    > DervishD <> wrote:
    > > * Joerg Schilling <> dixit:
    > > >
    > > > It is completely broken and thus makes no sense at all.
    > >
    > > OK, I understand now... Completely broken... Have you any actual
    > > proof or should I use my faith and just believe it is completely
    > > broken?
    > What is your intent for writing this?

    My intention is to get real proofs about the "brokenness" of the
    patch, not just an "It is completely broken". That's not technical.
    That's the same than saying "Windows sucks". Now, tell why it sucks,
    in technical terms.

    A better example: it is like saying that the numbering scheme
    that cdrecord uses is crap. That's nontechnical. A technical approach
    is "UNIX userspace programs doesn't use three numbers to talk to
    devices, they use /dev nodes, so cdrecord is breaking the UNIX way of
    doing things". Or "Windows uses letters to refer to storage devices
    and cdrecorders and not three numbers, so cdrecord is breaking the
    way of doing things on Windows". I don't even ask for a deep
    technical discussion, anything more technical than "It is completely
    broken" will do.

    > FUD?

    Why do you think that? Have I offended you? Have I attacked
    you personally? Up to this point I have:

    - Asked for technical reasons about a patch rejection.
    - Tell my *opinion*, as a cdrecord user, about the user

    I can't see fear, my only uncertainty is about the technical
    (un)correctness of the patch, which you haven't clarified yet, and my
    only doubt is if there are programs, apart from cdrecord and libscg
    users, which uses your numbering scheme instead of /dev entries :?
    That makes (at worst) UD, but not FUD.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

    Linux Registered User 88736 | &

      Last update: 2006-02-10 12:47    [W:0.025 / U:3.276 seconds]