    On Friday 10 February 2006 08:03, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > "D. Hazelton" <> wrote:
    > > And does cdrecord even need libscg anymore? From having actually gone
    > > through your code, Joerg, I can tell you that it does serve a larger
    > > purpose. But at this point I have to ask - besides cdrecord and a few
    > > other _COMPACT_ _DISC_ writing programs, does _ANYONE_ use libscg? Is it
    > > ever used to access any other devices that are either SCSI or use a SCSI
    > > command protocol (like ATAPI)? My point there is that you have a
    > > wonderful library, but despite your wishes, there is no proof that it is
    > > ever used for anything except writing/ripping CD's.
    > Name a single program (not using libscg) that implements user space SCSI
    > and runs on as many platforms as cdrecord/libscg does.

    I'm not the maintainer of a program, and hence I don't have to.

    But why in the hell do you even _need_ SCSI in userspace when the kernel
    provides complete facilities? And even then your argument is specious, since
    when I did go through the code for libscg all it provided was a simple
    wrapper around those kernel facilities for as many OS's as had them. And for
    the OS's that didn't have it, then you implemented what you could. You really
    need to stop with the finger pointing and accept that you have a problem in
    your philosophy.

      Last update: 2006-02-11 04:29    [W:0.020 / U:6.084 seconds]