    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:06:39 -0500
    Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

    > I notice that the first thing people suggest is to make things like
    > udev, hal and sysfs required instead of optional to do something as
    > simple as burn a CD.
    > [snip]

    All that is required is a proper device node in /dev; is this really
    so much of a burden? This device node can be created statically
    at install time or via udev or any other method. In fact if you're
    using udev and a device node isn't automatically created for all
    of your cd burners, you can file a bug report and get it fixed. So in
    the end all you ever have to teach a user is to pick the device they
    want from /dev.

    Sean

      Last update: 2006-02-11 00:45    [W:0.021 / U:0.428 seconds]