    SubjectRe: [patch] SGIIOC4 limit request size
    On 2/1/06, Jeremy Higdon <> wrote:
    > On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:26:26PM +0100, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > > > I'll send a better patch tomorrow. This one depends on a byte count
    > > > multiple of 2. Though according to the chip docs, it ignores bit 0
    > > > of the byte count anyway (and the address for that matter). So I
    > > > think this is functionally correct. But I think the xcount variable
    > > > is superfluous.
    > >
    > > it seems so
    > Here's one that removes xcount. It seems to work too.
    > Should we set hwif->rqsize to 256, or are we pretty safe in
    > expecting that the default won't rise? The driver should be
    > able to handle more, but this ioc4 hardware is weird, and it
    > probably wouldn't get tested if a general change were made :-)

    The current maximum request size is:
    * 256 for LBA28 and ATAPI devices
    * 1024 for LBA48 devices

    The maximum request size allowed by IDE driver for
    LBA48 devices will change to 65536 but block layer will
    continue to use 1024 as a default maximum request size,
    also IIRC sgiioc4 IDE is used only for ATAPI devices.
    So I think that there is no need to worry about ->rqsize.

      Last update: 2006-02-01 13:46    [W:0.065 / U:24.276 seconds]