SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux try #2
Rene Herman wrote:

> Albert Cahalan wrote:
>> There are all sorts of funky formats. I've only ever heard of mixed
>> audio+data CDs for circa-1995 games and Sony spyware, but maybe there
>> are decent people who actually create these things.
> These are in fact very common. Lots of audio CDs, with a data bit with
> a few quicktime/mpeg videos.

The MIL-CD format developed by SEGA/Yamaha for the Dreamcast is also an
example of this (two sessions, audio-mode2 or mode2-mode2). We
(hobbysts) use it for booting our code from normal, inexpensive CD-ROMs,
instead of purchasing a GD-ROM writer or an official devkit.

Best regards,

Jon Agirre Hernández
Unidad de Biofisica (CSIC-UPV/EHU)
P.O.Box 644, E-48080 Bilbao, Spain.