    SubjectRe: VCD not readable under 2.6.18
    Well yeah, same here. In your case HAL/ KDE was trying to access the VCD. In my case, I was trying to access the VCD by mounting it.

    Had the error been one on Fedora/ openSUSE or distros like that, I would have blamed it on the desktop side. But in Slackware, I wasn't running KDE, and it doesn't even have GNOME or HAL -- so how then can it be one of those? I was trying to do a simple mount of the VCD (as I've always done over these years, to copy the .dat movie files across) -- and that itself failed!

    ----- Original Message ----
    From: S.Çağlar Onur <>
    To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <>
    Cc: Ismail Donmez <>; Alan <>;
    Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 3:19:14 AM
    Subject: Re: VCD not readable under 2.6.18

    But i cannot reproduce the problem that way, in my case dmesg flooded as soon
    as somebody trying to _access_ to VCD. I disabled hal and closed KDE to test
    and that problem no longer reproducible for me. So its really seems a
    userspace problem and i think all of them (KDE's cdpolling backend, hal,
    mplayer and xine-lib) has problems with kernels >= 2.6.17

    S.Çağlar Onur <>

    Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!

    Do You Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2006-12-10 05:35    [W:0.044 / U:6.568 seconds]