    SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc6-mm2
    On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Neil Brown wrote:

    > As Andrew correctly pointed out, this bit error is not a RAM problem. It
    > is actually the low bit of a counter a spinlock that was decremented
    > just before the WARN_ON. So it simply indicates that the inode had
    > already been freed, which I think we knew already. Unfortunately I still
    > have no idea why that inode had been freed but was still referenced by a
    > dentry.... How repeatable as this bug? How did you narrow it down to
    > that patch? Did you use git-bisect or something else?

    When this happened, I just looked at the broken-out patches in -mm, which
    ones touch the md subsystem, found your patch, reverse-applied it, and
    this stopped happening.

    It seemed to be 100% reproducible - happened on every boot of FC6 system,
    so it was probably triggered by some raid/lvm command executed from init
    scripts after boot, but I didn't examine it further.

    As soon as I get to the machine where this happens, I will try to narrow
    it down to the exact userspace command that triggers it and will let you
    know (probably this evening).

    --
    Jiri Kosina