    SubjectRe: VM: Fix nasty and subtle race in shared mmap'ed page writeback
    On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 02:55:58PM +1100, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > This bug was only introduced in 2.6.19, due to a change that caused pte
    no, Linus said that with 2.6.19 it's easier to trigger this bug...

    > So if your corruption is years old, then it must be something else.
    > Maybe it is hidden by a timing change, or BDB isn't using msync properly.
    I can give you a complete image where just changing kernel (everything
    is same, of course) corruptions goes away.
    we spent a lot, I mean a *lot*, of time looking for our code mistake,
    and so on.
    I don't want to seem rude, but I am sure that Berkeley DB corruption we
    have seen (not just Klibido, but I also think about postgrey, and so on)
    depends on this bug.
    I repeat, if you have time/interest I can give you a complete machine
    to see the problem.

    thanks a lot for your time,
    gelma

      Last update: 2006-12-31 14:53    [W:0.020 / U:0.040 seconds]