    SubjectRe: fuse, get_user_pages, flush_anon_page, aliasing caches and all that again
    > I'm willing to do that - and I guess this means we can probably do this
    > instead of walking the list of VMAs for the shared mapping, thereby
    > hitting both anonymous and shared mappings with the same code?

    But for the get_user_pages() case there's no point, is there? The VMA
    and the virtual address is already available, so trying to find it
    again through RMAP doesn't much make sense.

    Users of get_user_pages() don't care about any other mappings (maybe
    ptrace does, I don't know) only about one single user mapping and one
    kernel mapping.

    So using flush_dcache_page() there is an overkill, trying to teach it
    about anonymous pages is not the real solution, flush_dcache_page()
    was never meant to be used on anything but file mapped pages.

    Miklos

      Last update: 2006-12-31 13:29    [W:0.020 / U:90.036 seconds]