    SubjectRe: [RFC 2.6.19 1/1] fbdev,mm: hecuba/E-Ink fbdev driver v2
    On 12/22/06, Franck Bui-Huu <> wrote:
    > Well thinking more about it, this wouldn't work for all cache types.
    > For example, if your cache is not a direct maped one, this workaround
    > won't work. So this is definitely not a portable solution.

    From asking peterz on #mm, I think page_mkclean will do the right
    thing and call something like flush_cache_page. I think that resolves
    the issue which I think you identified where the end symptom on archs
    with virtually tagged caches could be a line of pixels written by
    userspace through one PTE remain in-cache and therefore "undisplayed"
    when the kernel reads through another PTE that may fall on a different

      Last update: 2006-12-28 04:55    [W:0.019 / U:5.684 seconds]