    SubjectRe: Patch "i386: Relocatable kernel support" causes instant reboot
    > .text.head is not type AX so it will be left out from the linked
    > output.

    No, it does get added, but the section is not added to
    any segment, so a) it ends up near the end of the address
    map instead of being first thing, and b) it won't be loaded
    at run time.

    > This reminds me that I have put another patch in kernel/head.S creating
    > a new section .text.head. I think I shall have to put a patch there too
    > to make it work with older binutils.

    Yeah. Current stuff works with 2.15, which is three years
    old, but it doesn't hurt supporting older toolchains where

      Last update: 2006-12-27 05:29    [W:0.019 / U:7.068 seconds]