SubjectRe: Patch "i386: Relocatable kernel support" causes instant reboot
> .text.head is not type AX so it will be left out from the linked
> output.

No, it does get added, but the section is not added to
any segment, so a) it ends up near the end of the address
map instead of being first thing, and b) it won't be loaded
at run time.

> This reminds me that I have put another patch in kernel/head.S creating
> a new section .text.head. I think I shall have to put a patch there too
> to make it work with older binutils.

Yeah. Current stuff works with 2.15, which is three years
old, but it doesn't hurt supporting older toolchains where