    SubjectRe: moxa serial driver testing
    Sergei Organov wrote:
    > Jiri Slaby <> writes:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi Jiri,
    >>> I've figured out that both old and new mxser drivers have two similar
    >>> problems:
    >>> 1. When there are data coming to a port, sometimes opening of the port
    >>> entirely locks the box. This is quite reproducible. Any idea what's
    >>> wrong and how can I help to debug it?
    >> Could you test the patch below, if something changes?
    > Something did change. Now it becomes rather difficult to get the box to
    > hang, though not impossible. Another thing that changed is that now I
    > can see [parts of] oopses on screen. I've got two pictures of the screen

    > with different oopses. If you need them, let me know and I'll send them
    > to you in a separate mail not to pollute lkml with JPEGs.

    These are those you've posted in another post?

    > As for the problem with module unloading when port is open, your another
    > patch does fix it indeed.

    at least some good news, thanks,
    -- Jiri Slaby
    faculty of informatics, masaryk university, brno, cz
    e-mail: jirislaby gmail com, gpg pubkey fingerprint:
    B674 9967 0407 CE62 ACC8 22A0 32CC 55C3 39D4 7A7E

      Last update: 2006-12-25 19:43    [W:0.021 / U:3.212 seconds]