SubjectRe: Binary Drivers
It seems that debate around cars and drivers has gone too far (IMHO). I
do not think
that there is a question if we have any right to demand details about
hardware from
manufactorers -> we are NOT. But I think that we have right to know how
to use it.
I will translate this to CAR language - We have to know how to drive
the car but
not all the details how is this done, so we can drive a car without the
"driver". We
do not need an exact knowledge about engine, ECU, suspension,...

Now the real question:

Why are manufatorers afraid to give us this information?

and

Who can benefit from this?

Let's that our manufactorer is not bound on licenced part of hardware.

If we would know the answers on those questions we could start thinking
how can we
convince Them to give us information we need to develop our own drivers.

Cheers

Rok Markovic

  Last update: 2006-12-24 22:07    [W:0.026 / U:0.020 seconds]