    SubjectRe: Patch "i386: Relocatable kernel support" causes instant reboot
    On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 06:38:14 +0530, Vivek Goyal wrote:
    > On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 03:32:33AM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
    > > Grr. I guessed the problem was to late in the game it seems the problem
    > > is in setup.S Before we switch to 32bit mode.
    > >
    > > Ok. There is almost enough for inference but here is a patch of stops
    > > for setup.S let's see if one of those will stop the reboots.
    > >
    > > I have a strong feeling that we are going to find a tool chain issue,
    > > but I'd like to find where we ware having problems before we declare
    > > that to be the case.
    >
    > Looks like it might be a tool chain issue. I took Jean's config file and
    > built my own kernel and I am able to boot the kernel. But I can't boot
    > his bzImage. I observed the same behaviour as jean is experiencing. It jumps
    > back to BIOS.

    I can only confirm that. I installed a more recent system on the same
    hardware, rebuilt a kernel from the same config file, and now it boots
    OK. So it's not related to the hardware. It has to be a compilation-time
    issue.

    --
    Jean Delvare