SubjectRe: Network drivers that don't suspend on interface down
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 09:05:27PM -0500, Michael Wu wrote:

> Softmac isn't the only wireless code that likes to be configured after going
> up first. Configuring after the card goes up has generally been more
> reliable, though that should not be necessary and is a bug IMHO.

Ok, that's nice to know.

> In order to scan, we need to have the radio on and we need to be able to send
> and receive. What are you gonna turn off?

The obvious route would be to power the card down, but come back up
every two minutes to perform a scan, or if userspace explicitly requests
one. Would this cause problems in some cases?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org