SubjectConfusing stream of atkbd messages after failed boot

On upgrading to 2.6.19, I didn't bother reading the release notes, did
a "make oldconfig", and rebooted. The boot failed (since the SATA
.config options had been moved) and I was presented with a continous
stream of error messages:

atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio
Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.

These seem to be as a result of the keyboard LEDs being flashed.

They cause the real error message:

Cannot open root device

and the preceding kernel messages which show a lack of detection of
the SATA hard drive to be rapidly scrolled off screen.

The atkbd message should at the very least be rate limited.

--
Alan J. Wylie http://www.wylie.me.uk/
"Perfection [in design] is achieved not when there is nothing left to add,