    SubjectRE: [patch 2.6.19-rc6] Stop gcc 4.1.0 optimizing wait_hpet_tick away

    > > It comes down to just what those guarantees GCC provides actually are.

    > This is the first correct statement in your email. In any case the
    > documented GCC guarantees have always been much stronger than you
    > have been trying to persuade us they should be. I would argue that
    > the C standard somewhat indirectly specifies those guarantees but I
    > really don't have the heart for any more language-lawyering so I'm
    > going to leave it at that.

    I have tried to find any documentation of the guarantees gcc actually
    provides and have been unable to do so. Where are these "documented GCC
    guarantees" documented?

      Last update: 2006-12-03 05:33    [W:0.028 / U:99.128 seconds]