SubjectRe: RFC: removing the dgrs net driver
Hi everyone,

> As I understand it a small number of such devices were produced, but I
> have no objection to it going away. Even if someone had such a card it
> would not actually be useful any more.
> Alan

Alan is correct.

The "Digi RightSwitch" product did actually make it out to the real
world.

Its basically a NIC card with a built-in switch, back when switches
actually
cost $$$.

Obviously its been commoditized in the marketplace to the point where
its
basically worthless now. =)

There were not that many produced or sold, and got "killed" pretty
quick here at Digi.

I know Digi as a company would not care if the driver "went away" from
the
kernel sources as the product hasn't been sold in many many years...

However, there *might* actually still be users for said driver...
Its just hard to say.

Scott Kilau
Digi International

  Last update: 2006-12-02 19:03    [W:0.039 / U:0.092 seconds]