    SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] agpgart - Remove unnecessary flushes.
    On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:24:37PM +0100, Thomas Hellström wrote:
    > This patch is to speed up flipping of pages in and out of the AGP
    > aperture as needed by the new drm memory manager.
    > A number of global cache flushes are removed as well as some PCI posting
    > flushes.
    > The following guidelines have been used:
    > 1) Memory that is only mapped uncached and that has been subject to a
    > global cache flush after the mapping was changed to uncached does not
    > need any more cache flushes. Neither before binding to the aperture nor
    > after unbinding.
    > 2) Only do one PCI posting flush after a sequence of writes modifying
    > page entries in the GATT.
    > Patch against davej's agpgart.git

    I looked at applying this one to agpgart.git, as it's less controversial
    than the other patch. However,..

    - MIME : just say no. I had to hand fix up a few things before git would
    even see that I was feeding it a diff.
    - No Signed-off-by: line.
    - The diff adds trailing whitespace. This makes git sad also.
    (This problem also affects the other diff, which is possibly why...)
    - Finally..
    error: patch failed: drivers/char/agp/generic.c:1076
    error: drivers/char/agp/generic.c: patch does not apply
    error: patch failed: drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.c:256
    error: drivers/char/agp/intel-agp.c: patch does not apply

    Perhaps this diff should have have been [1/2] instead.

    Can you fix those up, and resend this one?

    The other diff I want to chew over some more before applying, especially
    after Arjan's comments.

      Last update: 2006-12-19 01:09    [W:0.029 / U:0.048 seconds]