    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] RAIF: Redundant Array of Independent Filesystems
    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Nikolai Joukov wrote:

    > We have designed a new stackable file system that we called RAIF:
    > Redundant Array of Independent Filesystems.
    >
    > Similar to Unionfs, RAIF is a fan-out file system and can be mounted over
    > many different disk-based, memory, network, and distributed file systems.
    > RAIF can use the stable and maintained code of the other file systems and
    > thus stay simple itself. Similar to standard RAID, RAIF can replicate the
    > data or store it with parity on any subset of the lower file systems. RAIF
    > has three main advantages over traditional driver-level RAID systems:

    this sounds very interesting. did you see the paper on chunkfs?
    http://www.usenix.org/events/hotdep06/tech/prelim_papers/henson/henson_html/

    this sounds as if it may be something that you would be able to make a
    functional equivalent to chunkfs with your raid0 mode.

    David Lang

      Last update: 2006-12-16 01:27    [W:0.024 / U:61.328 seconds]