SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] i2c updates for 2.6.20
From

Linus,

On 12/12/2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > Please pull the i2c subsystem updates for Linux 2.6.20 from branch
> > i2c-for-linus of repository git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6
> >
> > There are 3 new i2c bus drivers, one old broken bus driver deleted, and a
> > few cleanups and fixes in the i2c core and individual drivers.
> >
> > I'm not yet comfortable with git so please let me know if I did anything
> > wrong.
>
> Looks fine. Your "please pull" message hass some slight stylistic
> problems, but the pull looks good, and matches what you claimed for it.
>
> The stylistic problems are:
>
> - please write the git repo address and branch name on alone the same
> line so that I can't even by mistake pull from the wrong branch, and
> so that a triple-click just selects the whole thing.
>
> So the proper format is something along the lines of:
>
> "Please pull from
>
> git://jdelvare.pck.nerim.net/jdelvare-2.6 i2c-for-linus
>
> to get these changes:"
>
> so that I don't have to hunt-and-peck for the address and inevitably
> get it wrong (actually, I've only gotten it wrong a few times, and
> checking against the diffstat tells me when I get it wrong, but I'm
> just a lot more comfortable when I don't have to "look for" the right
> thing to pull, and double-check that I have the right branch-name)

OK, should be easy enough to fix :)

> - your diffstat was fine, but was line-wrapped for some reason, which
> just makes it harder for me to line up and compare against what I
> actually got when pulling (ie I just have two xterms open, one with
> the mail-reader, one with my shell command line, and I visually compare
> what I get with what I _should_ get, and then something as silly as
> incorrectly wrapped lines just makes the thing look visually different,
> which again just throws me for all the wrong reasons).

Sorry about that, I'm currently working from a remote location so I have
to rely on a webmail to post, and that webmail doesn't give me as much
control as I'd like on formatting. I tried to shorten the long bars and
hoped it wouldn't wrap, but it seems it did still. This should not
happen otherwise (when I'm at home.) In the meantime, I will instruct
diffstat to produce a 72-column output so that no wrapping can occur.

> But everything looks fine apart from those trivial details. Pulled and
> pushed out,

Great, thanks :) hwmon is coming next.

--
Jean Delvare