SubjectRe: Status of buffered write path (deadlock fixes)
Steven Whitehouse wrote:

>>Hmm, doesn't look like we can do this either because at least GFS2
>>uses BH_New for its own special things.
> What makes you say that? As far as I know we are not doing anything we
> shouldn't with this flag, and if we are, then I'm quite happy to
> consider fixing it up so that we don't,

Bad wording. Many other filesystems seem to only make use of buffer_new
between prepare and commit_write.

gfs2 seems to at least test it in a lot of places, so it is hard to know
whether we can change the current semantics or not. I didn't mean that
gfs2 is doing anything wrong.

So can we clear it in commit_write?

SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.