    SubjectRe: Status of buffered write path (deadlock fixes)
    Steven Whitehouse wrote:

    >>Hmm, doesn't look like we can do this either because at least GFS2
    >>uses BH_New for its own special things.
    >>

    > What makes you say that? As far as I know we are not doing anything we
    > shouldn't with this flag, and if we are, then I'm quite happy to
    > consider fixing it up so that we don't,

    Bad wording. Many other filesystems seem to only make use of buffer_new
    between prepare and commit_write.

    gfs2 seems to at least test it in a lot of places, so it is hard to know
    whether we can change the current semantics or not. I didn't mean that
    gfs2 is doing anything wrong.

    So can we clear it in commit_write?

    --
    SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.