SubjectRe: PAE/NX without performance drain?

> Too bad PAE can't be detected at boot time; someone else mentioned that
> some recent Pentium M laptops (and anything older than PPro) don't boot
> if PAE is on.

even Windows has 2 kernel binaries for this case btw, it's really really
really hard.

> I want my hardware NX bit working in Ubuntu without having to recompile
> my kernel dammit.

other distros ship a PAE enabled kernel, and use that for NX enabled
machines (all NX capable machines support PAE obviously). I'm surprised
Ubuntu doesn't, maybe ask them? (Or use a distro that does have this)

if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via