    SubjectRe: PAE/NX without performance drain?

    > Too bad PAE can't be detected at boot time; someone else mentioned that
    > some recent Pentium M laptops (and anything older than PPro) don't boot
    > if PAE is on.

    even Windows has 2 kernel binaries for this case btw, it's really really
    really hard.

    > I want my hardware NX bit working in Ubuntu without having to recompile
    > my kernel dammit.

    other distros ship a PAE enabled kernel, and use that for NX enabled
    machines (all NX capable machines support PAE obviously). I'm surprised
    Ubuntu doesn't, maybe ask them? (Or use a distro that does have this)

    if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at)
    Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via

      Last update: 2006-12-10 20:43    [W:0.020 / U:44.388 seconds]