    SubjectRe: Avoid allocating during interleave from almost full nodes
    On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Paul Jackson wrote:

    > Anybody have any idea which is the case?

    You can rely on those to increment and count events if it does not matter
    that we may miss an event once in a while. And I think that is the case

    The counters may only switched off for embedded systems. We could just
    remove the CONFIG option if necessary. The event counter operations are in
    critical paths of the VM though and I would think that embedded systems
    with no need for vmstat want those as efficient as possible.

      Last update: 2006-12-01 17:31    [W:0.020 / U:12.844 seconds]