SubjectRe: Problems with mounting filesystems from /dev/hdb (kernel
Jiri Slaby wrote:
> Phillip: please, so not top-post

Please stop discouraging top posting. There is no reason to have to
scroll down through a screen or two of quoted message that you just
read the original of, before getting to the new subject matter.

> Jano: please, do not remove Cc people, when replying (i.e. reply to all)
> There is a proc/mounts here:

I didn't ask for /proc/mounts, I asked for the output of the mount
command with no arguments, which prints the contents of /etc/mtab. I
was thinking that /etc/mtab might show the partitions as mounted even
though they are not, which could be why mount is complaining.