    SubjectRe: Problem with multiple mounts
    Lennart Sorensen wrote:
    > On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 04:06:23PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:
    >> I would suggest that even while this is not supported, it would be prudent
    >> to fix such a bug. It might be possible to hit a similar problem if there
    >> is corruption of the on-disk data in the journal and oopsing the kernel
    >> isn't a graceful way to deal with bad data on disk.
    > On the other hand corrupt data at least doesn't change under you while
    > you are trying to figure out the filesystem.

    It might.

    I'd suspect that there can, in fact, be something done about this,
    assuming good RAM. After all, a corrupt image won't crash a decent web

    It might sacrifice a ton of performance, though. I suggest it shouldn't
    be a priority to try to figure this out, and if it's ever implemented,
    make it a mount option -- -o paranoid or something. Obviously we don't
    care if a rescue disc takes forever, but we don't want to be waiting for
    hours on our FS boot, which is why I have an initrd mount my Reiser4 FS
    with "-o dont_load_bitmap"

    (Yes, I realize the right way to do this is initramfs now. I'm too lazy
    to figure out how to make that work.)

      Last update: 2006-11-09 17:41    [W:0.021 / U:27.336 seconds]