    SubjectRe: Avoid allocating during interleave from almost full nodes
    Christoph wrote:
    > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Paul Jackson wrote:
    >
    > > Do you know of any existing counters that we could use like this?
    > >
    > > Adding a system wide count of pages allocated or scanned, just for
    > > these fullnode hint caches, bothers me.
    >
    > There are already such counters. PGALLOC_* and PGSCAN_*. See
    > include/linux/vmstat.h

    Andrew,

    I'm willing to take a shot at replacing the wall clock time
    base with one of these vm counters, in my patch in *-mm:

    memory-page_alloc-zonelist-caching-speedup.patch

    But it will be a few weeks before I can get to it.

    I really need to do some other stuff first.

    --
    I won't rest till it's the best ...
    Programmer, Linux Scalability