SubjectRe: Avoid allocating during interleave from almost full nodes
Christoph wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Paul Jackson wrote:
> > Do you know of any existing counters that we could use like this?
> >
> > Adding a system wide count of pages allocated or scanned, just for
> > these fullnode hint caches, bothers me.
> There are already such counters. PGALLOC_* and PGSCAN_*. See
> include/linux/vmstat.h

I'm willing to take a shot at replacing the wall clock time
base with one of these vm counters, in my patch in *-mm:

But it will be a few weeks before I can get to it.

I really need to do some other stuff first.

I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability
Paul Jackson <> 1.925.600.0401