    SubjectRe: [take22 0/4] kevent: Generic event handling mechanism.
    Nate Diller wrote:
    > Indesiciveness has certainly been an issue here, but I remember akpm
    > and Ulrich both giving concrete suggestions. I was particularly
    > interested in Andrew's request to explain and justify the differences
    > between kevent and BSD's kqueue interface. Was there a discussion
    > that I missed? I am very interested to see your work on this
    > mechanism merged, because you've clearly emphasized performance and
    > shown impressive results. But it seems like we lose out on a lot by
    > throwing out all the applications that already use kqueue.

    kqueue looks pretty nice, the filter/note models in particular. I don't
    see anything about ring buffers though.

    I also wonder about the asynchronous event side (send), not just the
    event reception side.

      Last update: 2006-11-07 13:05    [W:0.019 / U:32.556 seconds]