    SubjectRe: SCSI over USB showstopper bug?
    On Mon, Nov 06 2006, Joerg Schilling wrote:
    > Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com> wrote:
    >
    > > > Then someone should change the source to match this statements.
    > > >
    > > > From a report I have from the k3b Author, readcd and cdda2wav only work
    > > > if you add a "ts=128k" option.
    > >
    > > Then please file (or have him/her file) a proper bug report. It may be a
    > > usb specific bug, or it may just be something else.
    >
    > To me, it looks like a problem that happens with usb because there is
    > no proper interaction with SG_?ET_RESETVED_SIZE and the usb layer.

    The limits are communicated from the usb layer to the block layer via
    the SCSI layer, by setting proper limits in the scsi host adapter
    template. SCSI then informs the block layer, by setting the appropriate
    limits on the queue. Perhaps there's a usb-storage bug there, who knows,
    so far there's been no real info posted.

    > I am still in hope that someone will fix this soon.

    Someone may very well fix it, but the odds of that happening when a real
    bug report exists is a lot bigger. Who reported this issue to you? Get
    him/her to file a proper bug report, as I wrote in my last mail as well.

    --
    Jens Axboe