SubjectRe: Security issues with local filesystem caching
Date
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> wrote:

> No. I was thinking of keeping the cache on its own partition

That's a requirement I am specifically avoiding with CacheFiles. I might, for
instance, want to use it on my laptop, and I don't really have enough space to
set aside a partition just for that. The whole point of CacheFiles is that
you don't have to set one aside. If you're going to do that, then CacheFS
should be a better option.

> and using kernel mounts. cachefilesd could possibly mount the thing in its
> own private namespace.

That's still user visible, and SELinux in enforcing mode would still apply.

David

  Last update: 2006-11-03 16:37    [W:0.069 / U:1.356 seconds]