    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] remove the broken VIDEO_ZR36120 driver
    Hi Joe,

    Em Seg, 2006-11-27 às 22:36 -0800, Joe Feise escreveu:
    > Adrian Bunk wrote on 11/27/06 22:07:

    > >> Hmm, there are people out there (like me) who still use it and have patched it
    > >> to get it working on 2.6.x.
    > > If you anyway have to patch your kernel, you can as well patch the
    > > complete driver into the kernel.
    > Well, there are other things outside the actual driver code that may change, and
    > that would make it harder to keep my patch in sync.
    Keeping it in sync is not hard. Most changes are just small API changes
    that are easy to port to all drivers, since they all behave likely.
    Also, when kernel hackers changes API, they usually send patches fixing
    API also at the affected drivers (of course for not-broken stuff).
    > And actually, I submitted my patch some time ago to the maintainer of the driver
    > (Pauline Middelink.) Unfortunately, it never made it into the kernel, nor did I
    > get any feedback from her. I have no idea if she is still active (she is listed
    > as maintainer at least until 2.6.17.) I cc'ed her on this mail.
    If you are interested on fixing this driver, you may submit the fix
    patch to me, with your SOB. I'm maintaining the V4L subsystem as a hole.
    > -Joe

      Last update: 2006-11-28 11:01    [W:0.026 / U:7.908 seconds]