SubjectRe: Entropy Pool Contents
Martin Mares wrote:
> I'm adding entropy, but unless I record the exact amount of entropy when
> dumping the pool, I don't know how much I am adding, so using any fixed
> number is obviously wrong.

You aren't dumping and restoring the entropy pool; you are dumping
random data generated by the pool, and using that data to stir the new
entropy pool after the next boot. There is no direct relationship
between the entropy of the old and new pools. The kernel needs to
decide how much entropy you added based on how much random data you
provide it with to stir the pool.

  Last update: 2006-11-28 18:49    [W:0.052 / U:0.504 seconds]