    SubjectRe: Page coloring in linux
    Apan Qasem wrote:
    > Does anyone know where I can find documentation on the page coloring
    > algorithm? I just need to find out the the basic heuristics used in
    > coloring the pages.
    >
    > Also, does the kernel source include the page coloring code or do I need
    > to patch the kernel?

    The Linux kernel does not do page coloring.

    One reason for this is that the vast majority of processors
    has 4-way, 8-way or higher cache associativity, meaning that
    the gains that could be had from coloring are a lot smaller
    than they used to be.

    Cache coloring is not free, either.

    --
    Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
    the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group