SubjectRe: Page coloring in linux
Apan Qasem wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can find documentation on the page coloring
> algorithm? I just need to find out the the basic heuristics used in
> coloring the pages.
> Also, does the kernel source include the page coloring code or do I need
> to patch the kernel?

The Linux kernel does not do page coloring.

One reason for this is that the vast majority of processors
has 4-way, 8-way or higher cache associativity, meaning that
the gains that could be had from coloring are a lot smaller
than they used to be.

Cache coloring is not free, either.

Politics is the struggle between those who want to make their country
the best in the world, and those who believe it already is. Each group
calls the other unpatriotic.