SubjectRe: [Kernel-discuss] RFC - platform device, IRQs and SoC devices
Ian Molton wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Im working on some SoC type devices attached to the system bus of my ARM
> devboard in an isa-like way.
>
> The devices are small SoC (System On Chip) types, with one IRQ routed to
> the half dozen (sub)devices on board the SoC.

I just thought of a 'third way'.

let IRQchips have their own struct irq_desc and have subdevice IRQs
start from 0.

since those IRQs can only be raised by the parent chip I think this
ought to work, and would eliminated the problem of a fixed size irq array...