    SubjectRe: OOM killer firing on 2.6.18 and later during LTP runs
    > The traces are a bit confusing, but I don't actually see anything wrong
    > there. The machine has used up all swap, has used up all memory and has
    > correctly gone and killed things. After that, there's free memory again.

    Yeah, it's just a bit odd that it's always in the IO path. Makes me
    suspect there's actually a bunch of pagecache in the box as well, but
    maybe it's just coincidence, and the rest of the box really is full
    of anon mem. I thought we dumped the alt-sysrq-m type stuff on an OOM
    kill, but it seems not. maybe that's just not in mainline.

    >> This doesn't seem to happen every run, unfortnately, only
    >> intermittently, and we don't have much data before that, so
    >> hard to tell how long it's been going on.
    >>
    >> Still happening on latest kernels.
    >> http://test.kernel.org/abat/62445/debug/console.log
    >
    > The same appears to have happened there too. Although it does seem to have
    > killed a lot more than it should have.
    >
    > Has something changed in the configuration of that machine? New LTP
    > version? Less swapsapce?

    Difficult to tell, it's a fairly new box to the grid, so it seems to
    have been doing that intermittently forever.

      Last update: 2006-11-25 22:41    [W:0.022 / U:0.388 seconds]