    SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc5-mm2 : usb keeps resetting usb keyboard.
    On Friday 24 November 2006 22:41, Ed Sweetman wrote:
    >I just upgraded from a ps2 keyboard to usb and have been getting these
    >messages seemingly randomly, which also corresponds to whatever key i'm
    >pressing at the time they occur to act like it's stuck down.
    >
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >usb 2-2: reset low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 3
    >
    >(repeated a few hundred times )

    All the data below doesn't point to the culprit.

    I also have this, and I'd bet the common point is going to be an M$
    wireless mouse like I have. The mouse works ok as near as I can tell, so
    I'm not sure of the exact cause.

    To verify, unplug the receiver for that mouse, wait 5secs, and plug it
    back in, which if thats it should move the mouse, and the log message to
    a higher number on the usb tree.

    Also, FWIW dear lkml readers, my logs have been contaminated with this
    since about a year ago, running kernel.org kernels on an FC2 system, but
    using the latest FC6 non-xen kernel.

    From an lsusb -v:
    ----------
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 045e:008c Microsoft Corp. Wireless Intellimouse
    Explorer 2.0
    Device Descriptor:
    bLength 18
    bDescriptorType 1
    bcdUSB 2.00
    bDeviceClass 0 (Defined at Interface level)
    bDeviceSubClass 0
    bDeviceProtocol 0
    bMaxPacketSize0 8
    idVendor 0x045e Microsoft Corp.
    idProduct 0x008c Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
    bcdDevice 0.57
    iManufacturer 1 Microsoft
    iProduct 2 Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.0A
    iSerial 0
    bNumConfigurations 1
    Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 2
    wTotalLength 34
    bNumInterfaces 1
    bConfigurationValue 1
    iConfiguration 0
    bmAttributes 0xa0
    Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower 50mA
    Interface Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 4
    bInterfaceNumber 0
    bAlternateSetting 0
    bNumEndpoints 1
    bInterfaceClass 3 Human Interface Devices
    bInterfaceSubClass 1 Boot Interface Subclass
    bInterfaceProtocol 2 Mouse
    iInterface 0
    HID Device Descriptor:
    bLength 9
    bDescriptorType 33
    bcdHID 1.11
    bCountryCode 0 Not supported
    bNumDescriptors 1
    bDescriptorType 34 Report
    wDescriptorLength 209
    Report Descriptors:
    ** UNAVAILABLE **
    Endpoint Descriptor:
    bLength 7
    bDescriptorType 5
    bEndpointAddress 0x81 EP 1 IN
    bmAttributes 3
    Transfer Type Interrupt
    Synch Type None
    Usage Type Data
    wMaxPacketSize 0x0008 1x 8 bytes
    bInterval 10

    How close am I in this suposition?

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2006-11-25 05:25    [W:0.027 / U:30.128 seconds]