    SubjectRe: 2.6.19-rc6 : Spontaneous reboots, stack overflows - seems to implicate xfs, scsi, networking, SMP
    Hi there,

    David Chinner schrieb:
    > If the softirqs were run on a different stack, then a lot of these
    > problems would go away (29 of the 35 reported overflows had softirqs
    > running) and we'd be much more likely to get XFS to run reliably on
    > 4k stacks...

    Ok, that seem like another approach. What about putting your allocation slowpath
    in a kernel thread. They might have more stack available.

    This is inferior to the complexity reduction suggested from the kernel people,
    but if you cannot reduce complexity anymore this might work, too.

    Ingo Oeser

      Last update: 2006-11-23 14:19    [W:0.040 / U:12.236 seconds]